CLOSING CEREMONY & BEST PAPER AWARD
Bismillahirrahmanirahim and Assalamualaikum and a very good afternoon to everyone.
Distinguished Guests, ladies and gentlemen
Alhamdulillah, we have come to the final event of the 2nd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TECHNOLOGY & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (ICTOM 2010) and it is my great pleasure and honour, to welcome all of you again this late afternoon.
As we are all aware, the ICTOM 2010 is a jointly organised event by the UUM College of Business, Universiti Utara Malaysia and Institut Teknologi Bandung.
We are very honoured to have with us here this afternoon, Engineer Doctor Gatot Yudoko, Vice Dean of Academic Affairs, Business and Management School, Institut Teknologi Bandung, to give us the closing speech.
I would like to now call upon Doctor Gatot, to present us with the closing speech and ceremony.
Thank You Doctor Gatot Yudoko for the speech. The conference would like to invite Professor Doctor Rushami Zien Yusoff, Professor of Operations Management, UUM College of Business, to give our token of appreciation to Doctor Gatot Yudoko.
Distinguish Guest, ladies and gentlemen
It is my great pleasure to announce that the ICTOM 2010, has successfully received 101 papers altogether. Out of that number, six papers have been selected to be the overall BEST PAPERS of this conference.
To present the Best Paper Award, I would like to call on stage, Professor Doctor Rushami Zien Yusoff, to present the awards to the winners. The following papers are not ranked, since they have been judged to be equally good. So, in no particular order,
· The BEST PAPER AWARD goes to Azmawani Abdul Rahman, Murali Sambasivan and Syairah Aimi Shahron, with the paper titled “UNDERSTANDING FUTURE ADOPTERS OF ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY: EVIDENCES FROM MALAYSIAN SMES”
· Next is the paper titled, “THE IMPACT OF LEAN MANUFACTURING PRACTICES ON OPERATIONS PERFORMANCE: A STUDY ON INDONESIAN MANUFACTURING COMPANIES”, by Gusman Nawanir, Siti Norezam Othman and Lim Kong Teong
· The next award winners are, Halim Mad Lazim & T. Ramayah with their paper “SUSTAINING COST PERFORMANCE THROUGH TPM APPROACH: A STUDY OF MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATIONS IN MALAYSIA”
· Next are the winners Thoo Ai Chin, Huam Hon Tat, Rosman Md Yusoff, Amran Rasli, and Abu Bakar Abd. Hamid with their paper “CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT”
· Next is the paper titled, “THE IMPLEMENTATION OF HALAL LOGO & CERTIFICATION TOWARDS RESTAURANT PERFORMANCE” by Aliffaizi Arsat, Raja Saidatul Hisan Raja Azam, Muhammad Izzat Zulkifly, Sabaianah Bachok and Noradzhar Baba
· To round off this presentation of ICTOM 2010 Best Paper Award, are Noorazlin Ramli, Rozita Abu and Salmalina Salleh with their paper titled “THE GLOBAL and MALAYSIAN FOOD CRISIS AND THE NEED OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED (GM) FOODS”
Congratulations to the winners.
Distinguished Guest, ladies and gentlemen
Before we end our conference, I would like to invite Associate Professor Doctor Hartini Ahmad, on behalf of all the ICTOM 2010 committee members to give a few closing words.
Thank you Associate Professor Doctor Hartini Ahmad.
Distinguished Guest, ladies and gentlemen
We have now come to the end of ICTOM 2010,
On behalf of all the committee members and the college, I would like to express my upmost gratitude to all the distinguished guest and members of floor for making this event a success.
For your information, Professor Doctor David John Bennett will be continuing his stay here in Malaysia, and will be giving a professional talk titled, “Excellence in PhD: Survival and Success in Doctoral Years and Beyond” this Thursday the 8th of July, at the Convention Centre in Universiti Utara Malaysia. For those interested, please contact our secretariat for further information.
Also, would the participants please collect their certificates before leaving this conference venue, as well as leave the feedback form with the secretariat. If you haven’t, then there are extra forms available for you to fill.
Now, I would leave you with a quote by Stewart Brand, an author and innovative thinker, who once said, “We can see the past but not influence it, we can influence the future but not see it”.
Let us all be guided by all the things we have learned and heard throughout the conference and be able to see AND influence our future.
Thank you, Thank You and Thank You very much and before we part, please accept this verse from me:
“KALAU ADA JARUM YANG PATAH
Jangan disimpan di dalam peti
KALAU ADA SILAP DAN SALAH
Harap sudi maafkan kami”
Which roughly means, please forgive us for our shortcomings.
Till we meet again, perhaps in the next conference, may all of you have a safe journey home.
Thank you and Assalamualaikum.