Search This Blog

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Erm... where did you get your license?

We were on our way beck from the Terengganu trip (yes, there was a Terengganu trip, and no, you did not miss the post. I haven't put it up yet!), and decided to stop by Wakaf Che Yeh in Kelantan for some shopping.


After parking the car, everyone alighted and went their own ways. I myself tagged along with the wife and kids, and eventually it got to a point where I was feeling really tired, and unwell. My stomach was acting up again, with dizziness spells, so Munir was driving. To say that the Naza Ria was parked illegally or in such a way that it was blocking the path, would not be correct. In fact, Munir parked the car well clear of the entrance, even though there was ample space to part it there. 

So there I was, in the front passenger's seat, with the engine running and the kids in the back watching a DVD, when this Proton Saga:

reversed and slammed into the front left corner of my bumper. I got a shock since I was not expected the bump. The following is the 'damage' to their car...
 And here's the damage to my car.
 Felt sad, but not angry. I was the only adult at the scene... erm, I meant for my side or team, since the parking attendants starting ganging up on me and telling me off.
Funny thing was, after 10 minutes of stern lecturing from the parking attendant, all I could say was, "erm, sorry, I cannot understand you. I am from Kedah". I felt sorry for him, but it was true... I couldn't understand the Kelantanese slang he was using.... but the look on his face was priceless.

Then my brother-in-law Munir returned and took up the argument from there. Then my other brothers-in-law Firdaus and Zulkefli came.... and slowly the parking attendants that were so vocal before starting disappearing, until only the driver and his wife were left (see below).
 After some arguing and haggling, Mrs Zainu handed over a token amount, while giving here phone number so that once we figured out the actual amount, we could contact here and she would bank in the money.
 I believed her, and took her word for it. All the others were not so optimistic. Munir argued some more and she went away to get some more cash to hand over. In the end, we left it at that. Until today, the phone number she gave is not contactable, and no SMS were answered.

The others told me "I told you so"... but there is a good ending to this story. After a few days in the sun, after work one day, I noticed the dent in the bumper gone! I was perplexed and wondered who remove the dent at my workplace. In the end, it was concluded that perhaps due to the heat, the dent popped back out... so the token amount she gave should be more than enough to cover the scratches.
Moral of the story is... don't get so worked up over anything. Just be patient, and see what happens. :-D

No comments: