Search This Blog

Friday, April 06, 2012

A visit from a Sibuti representative

A couple of weeks back, I received a phone call from the driector of a project that involved secondary school students from the Sibuti constituency. She informed me that someone from there wanted to meet with me... and he was kind of persistent. I told her to ask him to call me (... are you following all this?).

And sure enough, not 30 minutes later, this Sibuti representative called, and wished to meet up the next day. Without thinking much of it, I did. The very next day, I brought along a colleague of mine for the discussion. As it turned out, this individual was once a resident of DPP PROTON (Protonean), and at that time, I was in my first year serving as the Residential Fellow (a position which has been rebranded as Assistant Principal). He had so many plans and so many ideas about what his constituency and UUM can do about developing a strong relationship in order to help with the development of that area. He was eager to meet up with the university management, but at that time, all the senior management officers were not available, as they were attending other functions outside of the campus.

Me being me, I had no idea what to do, but then thought of my own department. So I suggested meeting up with my boss, the Dean of STML... also known as the School of Technology Management and Logistics. So, I set up a meeting the next day,... and the following was the result:


.. and there you have it... the inside story. Am so looking forward to possible future relations between STML and Sibuti... I hope I'll be involved! :-)

No comments: